2019 Yamaha 90 HP F90LB Outboard Motor
Roll over image to zoom in
Click to open expanded view
2019 Yamaha 90 HP F90LB Outboard Motor
Reliability & Durability
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our highly vaunted, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. Stainless Steel components such as the drive, prop and shift shafts provide an additional layer of critical corrosion protection. And multiple sacrificial anodes throughout the motor provide protection from the elements.
- Wet Sump: The F115, F90 and F75 use a pressurized oil delivery system and incorporates a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their DOHC and SOHC systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
- Engine Warning System: This system protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, water-in-fuel detection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- Keep the Water Out: Updated cowling design incorporates the latest Water Draining Intake Duct. With side intakes and superior water separation function, this outboard is even better suited to take on the marine environment.
- Measurably Quieter than Predecessor: Yamaha’s proven labyrinth exhaust system, which gradually expands exhaust gases through a labyrinth, greatly suppresses engine noise at low to medium speeds. Updates to the muffler have greatly reduced noise at higher than midrange speeds.
Convenience & Control
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: The F115 and all-new F90 and F75 are compatible with Yamaha’s award winning Multi-Function Tiller Handle. It incorporates engine start/stop, emergency stop, gear shift, power trim and tilt operation, variable trolling switch, warning and controls all in one.
- Charging Power: The F115, F90 and F75 feature three-phase alternators that produce up to 35 amps of power. For the 90 and 75 hp, that’s 40 percent more output than previous designs, and for the 115, it’s more than 45 percent more charging power. That’s plenty of electrical power for battery charging and accessories, with more to spare.
- Variable Trolling: The F115, F90 and F75 feature Yamaha’s Variable Trolling RPM Switch (VTS®). This allows for precision adjustment of trolling speeds in 50-RPM increments, from 650 to 900 RPM for the 115 hp, and 550 to 1000 RPM for the 90 and 75 hp. It even allows for sub-idle trolling. This is a major plus for anglers.
- Extended Engine Life: A Freshwater Flush Device allows you to flush the engine without starting it, for maximum convenience, durability and engine life.
Model Specific Features
- Available for mechanical remote or tiller control
- Only 353 pounds
- Available in 20” or 25” shafts
- Powerful 35-amp alternator
- Optional Variable Trolling RPM via the Command Link® tachometer
- Engine Type: Inline 4
- Displacement: 1.8L
- Bore x Stroke: 81 x 88.9mm (3.19 x 3.5 in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 90hp @ 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 35 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight*: 160kg (353 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner’s manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 16
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: LFR6A-11
- Alternator Output: 35 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 3.2/3.0L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20″
- Degree of Tilt: 70
- Degree of Trim: -4° through +66°
- Dry Weight: 160kg (353 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: 26″
- Steering Angle (maximum): 35° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial